How much does it cost to live in Colonial Estates?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- Each Member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the Association’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time Membership Fee. The one-time Membership Fee is $1,000. Once a Member has paid the Membership Fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, Members get their Membership Fee back if they sell their homes.
- The current lot rent is $580 per month.
- Before the homeowners bought Colonial Estates, we had monthly rent increases of $15-20 every year. We now have control over when and why our rent changes.
- We are a 55+ community; please contact Chris Yule at Bristol South, our property management company, at 508.823.2300 x102 for more information.
- Learn more about the application process here.